Bird Scooter Accident Attorney Scottsdale, AZ
If you have been injured while riding a Bird scooter, it is time to seek the help of a Bird scooter accident attorney Scottsdale, AZ trusts from Yearin Law Office. We understand the trauma you may be dealing with after being in an accident and you may be suffering from serious injuries that require medical attention or a hospital stay. When you are recovering from these injuries, it is important that you leave the legal parts up to us so that you can work on getting your life back to normal. Interested in learning more about Bird scooter accidents and how we can help? Contact us now.
I was in an accident on a Bird scooter on someone else’s property. Who is the liable party?
That’s a great question and it all comes down to how the accident occurred. If the accident occurred because there was a problem with the scooter (it was made poorly, one of the parts was broken) then you will most likely work with us to file a claim against the Bird scooter company. On the other hand, if you were riding your Bird scooter on someone else’s property and became injured because they did not maintain their property well or because someone else caused the accident, you would direct your claim at the property owner or third party. Our personal injury attorney Scottsdale, AZ relies on knows that determining liability is extremely important.
What should I do if I believe that the Bird scooter was defective?
When you believe that the Bird scooter you were riding on was defective, you and your attorney may determine that a product liability claim is the way to go. Following the accident, there are certain steps you should take:
- Keep the scooter. You want to make sure you have the evidence showing the product is defective. Make sure you also take pictures and notes.
- Get medical help. Whenever you are in any type of personal injury accident, one of the best ways to protect yourself is to seek medical help. This will help your claim and help you recover from your injuries.
- Report the accident. You should contact Bird to report the accident after it happened. Remember, you do not want to divulge too much information or tell them you are “fine” after the accident.
- Call your attorney. Seek help from your personal injury attorney as soon as you can. The quicker you work with them, the quicker you can file your accident claim.
What affects your Bird scooter injury claim?
When you are determining whether you want to create a claim after you were in a Bird scooter injury accident, you may be wondering if there is a typical amount that people win in their settlement offers or if there are different factors that will affect your claim. As any lawyer would tell you, each claim will be different depending on the parties involved and the circumstances surrounding the accident. In fact, in different Bird scooter accidents, there may even be multiple parties who are liable for the injuries sustained. Don’t hesitate to reach out to Yearin Law Office if you would like to file a claim and are wondering what aspects of the accident may affect your claim.
What can change the amount of compensation you receive?
It is always important to speak with your lawyer when you are starting the claims process so that they can establish what your case may be worth at the onset. They can help you determine if you have what is necessary for filing a claim. The amount of compensation your lawyer will ask for will vary depending on a number of factors:
- Your involvement. If you were partially to blame for the accident occurring, you may not be able to get as much damages from your claim as you were hoping, even if you sustained serious injuries. For example, if you were talking on your phone while you were riding on your scooter or riding your scooter in traffic and disobeying traffic laws, you may get substantially less compensation than you thought you would get.
- Your injuries. Getting a few bruises after a Bird scooter accident will make a big difference in your compensation and you could expect to receive less than you would if you have broken bones or a brain injury. The severity of your injuries and what kind of medical needs you have after your accident will help your lawyer determine a more accurate number to ask for.
- The parties involved. There may be more than one party involved in your claim, which can complicate the process and change the outcome of your compensation. A car that weaved into you may be responsible for you trying to move out of the way and hitting a massive pothole in the road that the local government should have fixed. In this instance, the driver, as well as the local municipality, may be responsible.
These are just some of the factors that influence what kind of compensation you may receive after a Bird scooter accident. It is important that you are open with your lawyer from the start regarding the circumstances of your accident so that they can look at every angle to determine who may be responsible for your injuries and how that might affect the amount of compensation you are going to ask for. Working with a lawyer through this process can offer you a great deal of peace of mind since they will have the skills and resources necessary to gather this information and present it to the insurance company involved.
Were you injured in a Bird scooter accident? Contact the trusted Scottsdale, Arizona Bird scooter accident attorney from Yearin Law Office now.