Hit and Run Accident Lawyer Scottsdale, Arizona
Hit and runs occur when a driver is involved in an auto accident and purposely fails to stop. Drivers are required by law to stop their vehicles and provide their contact information after a collision. If you were injured in a hit and run accident, you may feel scared and distressed. It’s important to discuss your case with a hit and run accident lawyer in Scottsdale Arizona at the Yearin Law Office.
What to Do After a Hit and Run Accident
After a hit and run accident, you may still be able to recover compensation with the help of a hit and run accident lawyer in Scottsdale Arizona. Here are a few steps to take to maximize your compensation:
- Jot Down Information About the Accident: If you remember any details about the hit and run accident, write it down as soon as possible. Details like the location of the accident, color and model of the vehicle and which direction the vehicle was headed may help your case.
- Contact the Police: A hit and run is a crime, so it’s important to call the police. They will come to the scene of the accident and make a report. Tell them everything you remember about the accident and ask for a copy of the report so that you can give it to your auto accident lawyer Scottsdale, AZ residents trust.
- Talk to Witnesses: If there were other witnesses present at the time of the accident, don’t be afraid to ask for their names and contact information. They may be able to recall information that you don’t remember, such as the license plate of the hit and run vehicle.
- Take Photos of Injuries and Property Damage: If you’re physically able to, a hit and run accident lawyer in Scottsdale Arizona would recommend taking a few photos of your bodily injuries and any damage to your vehicle. Photographic evidence of the damage will strengthen your case.
- Seek Medical Care: Even if you feel fine after the accident, you should still see a doctor right away. Some injuries, like concussions and whiplash, may not show immediate symptoms. You don’t want to take a risk with your help. Remember to obtain copies of your medical bills and records to help prove your injuries
- Hire a Lawyer: A hit and run accident is a terrible experience to go through and can result in expensive medical bills, lost wages and other damages. That’s why it’s important to hire an experienced hit and run accident lawyer in Scottsdale Arizona. He or she will help you find the perpetrator and fight to ensure that you obtain the compensation you deserve.
If you were injured in a hit and run accident, schedule a consultation with a hit and run accident lawyer in Scottsdale Arizona.