Hit and Run Accident Lawyer Scottsdale, Arizona
Hit and Run Accident Lawyer Scottsdale, Arizona
Hit and runs occur when a driver is involved in an auto accident and purposely fails to stop. Drivers are required by law to stop their vehicles and provide their contact information after a collision. If you were injured in a hit and run accident, you may feel scared and distressed. It’s important to discuss your case with a hit and run accident lawyer in Scottsdale Arizona at the Yearin Law Office.
What to Do After a Hit and Run Accident
After a hit and run accident, you may still be able to recover compensation with the help of a hit and run accident lawyer in Scottsdale Arizona. Here are a few steps to take to maximize your compensation:
- Jot Down Information About the Accident: If you remember any details about the hit and run accident, write it down as soon as possible. Details like the location of the accident, color and model of the vehicle and which direction the vehicle was headed may help your case.
- Contact the Police: A hit and run is a crime, so it’s important to call the police. They will come to the scene of the accident and make a report. Tell them everything you remember about the accident and ask for a copy of the report so that you can give it to your auto accident lawyer Scottsdale, AZ residents trust.
- Talk to Witnesses: If there were other witnesses present at the time of the accident, don’t be afraid to ask for their names and contact information. They may be able to recall information that you don’t remember, such as the license plate of the hit and run vehicle.
- Take Photos of Injuries and Property Damage: If you’re physically able to, a hit and run accident lawyer in Scottsdale Arizona would recommend taking a few photos of your bodily injuries and any damage to your vehicle. Photographic evidence of the damage will strengthen your case.
- Seek Medical Care: Even if you feel fine after the accident, you should still see a doctor right away. Some injuries, like concussions and whiplash, may not show immediate symptoms. You don’t want to take a risk with your help. Remember to obtain copies of your medical bills and records to help prove your injuries
- Hire a Lawyer: A hit and run accident is a terrible experience to go through and can result in expensive medical bills, lost wages and other damages. That’s why it’s important to hire an experienced hit and run accident lawyer in Scottsdale Arizona. He or she will help you find the perpetrator and fight to ensure that you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Why Hit and Run Accidents Occur
Hit and run accidents are an extremely unfortunate event that occurs in society. Many reasons exist for this selfish and violent act from an individual. Most of these accidents occur from someone being drunk behind the wheel of a car or other vehicle. There are many cases too where the person is so intoxicated that they do not even realize they committed a hit and run. However, regardless if they are fully aware of what they are doing or not the act of hit and run is illegal and wrong. These types of accidents also occur from people who are uninsured and who do not wish to have to pay for damages they caused to property or people. If you or someone you know has been involved in a hit and run accident then reach out to a Scottsdale, Arizona hit and run accident lawyer from Yearin Law Office for assistance. Our lawyers have the necessary experience and skills to assist with your case and bring about punishment to the negligent party and bring compensation to the victim.
Damages and Injuries That May Occur From a Hit and Run Accident
Many different injuries could occur from a hit and run accident when someone was struck by another vehicle. Some of those injuries include cuts, scrapes, loss of blood, broken bones, spinal and brain injuries, or even death. These types of accidents should be taken extremely seriously and the strictest penalties should befall the negligent party that caused the accident. Damages to vehicles as well as personal property within the vehicle may be something that is affected too. Some hit and run accidents even involve vehicles colliding with business property or even household property. If you have unfortunately been the victim of a hit and run accident and are wondering about what to do then it’s important to know that help exists. A hit and run accident lawyer in Scottsdale, Arizona from Yearin Law Office has the necessary skills, experience, and know-how to bring you the compensation and benefits you deserve from this vicious event. No one should have to suffer through this alone and the negligent driver should be held accountable.
Penalties to Hit and Run Drivers
Penalties to the guilty driver who caused the hit and run accident vary depending on injuries and property damage. When someone commits a hit and run accident and there are injuries then this is considered a felony offense and they may face a multiple-year jail sentence as well as other penalties like fines. If someone has a prior criminal history and commits this type of accident and also leaves the scene then their penalty will be stricter than someone with no prior criminal history. They may face anywhere from 4 to 30+ years in prison for their offense depending on the severity of the accident. Your hit and run accident lawyer in Scottsdale, Arizona can fill you in more on the different details of punishments and compensation involved with hit and run accidents.
If you were injured in a hit and run accident, schedule a consultation with a hit and run accident lawyer in Scottsdale Arizona from Yearin Law Office.