Auto Accident Lawyer Scottsdale, AZ
It isn’t required that victims of car accidents obtain legal representation, however it is highly advisable to speak with an auto accident lawyer Scottsdale, Arizona about your case. Seeking legal insight can go a long way towards getting the compensation you deserve for injuries, damages, and losses. The Yearin Law Office can assist you as you file a claim with your insurance company, in addition to providing guidance if you’d like to pursue legal action against the offending driver. There are many ways to overcome this setback, and the Yearin Law Office is already geared with strategy and the information to help get you through.
Accepting an Insurance Settlement
As your car accident claim is being handled, you may receive a settlement offer. Keep in mind that car insurance agencies are a for-profit business and are likely to initially offer an amount that is way below what you deserve. We encourage victims of car wrecks to consult with an auto accident lawyer Scottsdale, AZ before agreeing to any settlements. The Yearin Law Office can help ensure that you are receiving a fair amount.
Determining What You Can Collect
Many people don’t know how to determine what they deserve in compensation for a vehicle accident. Perhaps you had to get your car fixed, paid medical bills to get injuries treated, and lost out on pay from missing work to recover. Depending on the circumstances of the collision, there are various damages you can file for, including:
- Lost Wages: missing work for doctor’s appointments, rest, procedures, surgery, etc. Used sick time/vacation hours may be calculated into lost wages.
- Reduced Earning Capacity: when the injuries caused an inability to perform job duties as normal and earn a reasonable income, either short or long-term.
- Pain and Suffering: victims may be eligible for additional monetary compensation depending on the degree of emotional distress they endured due to the accident.
- Future Medical Costs: how much it may cost in the future to treat injuries related to the accident.
- Punitive Damages: the victim may be entitled to punitive damages if it can be proven with evidence that the driver was being careless or malicious.
Filing a Civil Lawsuit
The driver responsible for the car accident may be liable for your damages, but insurance companies only pay as much as the driver’s policy allows. After that, any other losses accrued by the victim may have to be handled through a civil lawsuit. An auto accident lawyer Scottsdale, AZ can help you decide whether this is the right route for you, depending on the factors of the accident and potential monetary award.
If you or someone you care about has recently been in an accident where they have faced financial hardships, property damage, and injuries, please contact an auto accident lawyer Scottsdale, AZ trusts. We at the Yearin Law Office can imagine the depth of financial ruin you may have experienced due to the accident, and will do what is within our capabilities to see that you recover. When you need a Scottsdale, AZ auto accident lawyer you can count on, call the Yearin Law Office for support.