Posted in Uncategorized
Suffering a personal injury can be a traumatic event. You may feel shocked, scared and hurt. However, the steps you take immediately after the accident can affect your legal claim. Here are some steps to take after an accident:
- Seek Medical Care: No matter what kind of accident you were in, you need to get emergency medical care promptly. A doctor will evaluate your injuries and recommend the best treatment. If you delay medical care, you are putting your health in jeopardy. You are also giving the insurance company a reason to reject your case.
- Follow Your Doctor’s Instructions: It’s important to trust your doctor and his or her medical advice. He or she has your best interest in mind. For example, if you suffered a neck injury in a car accident, your doctor may suggest going to physical therapy. Go to all of your appointments, even if you start feeling better sooner than you expected.
- Gather Evidence: In order to receive a fair settlement for your injury, you must prove that someone else caused the accident. The more evidence you have, the stronger your case will be. For instance, if you were injured in a car accident, your personal injury lawyer in Scottsdale, AZ might suggest getting a copy of the police report, witness contact information and photos of the accident scene.
- Write in a Journal: After you’ve been injured in an accident, it’s wise to write about your symptoms in a journal. You should also document how the injury has affected your life thus far. For example, if you suffered a knee injury during a slip and fall accident, you may have trouble getting around by yourself.
- Be Careful When Speaking to the Insurance Company: Once you’ve been in an accident, the negligent party’s insurance company may try to contact you. Be careful not to give them any details about your accident. Your personal injury lawyer in Scottsdale, AZ may also advise you against accepting the first settlement offer. The initial offer likely won’t cover all of your damages.
- Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer: Personal injury lawsuits are quite complex, and you don’t want to handle your on your own. That’s why you should hire an experienced personal injury lawyer in Scottsdale, AZ. He or she can help you file a timely lawsuit and protect your legal rights. If you have a skilled lawyer on your side, you will have a better chance of obtaining the compensation you deserve.
We can help by reviewing your case and protecting your rights. Schedule a consultation with our Scottsdale AZ personal injury lawyer today for the support that you need.