Personal Injury Lawyer Scottsdale AZ
If you’ve been injured through no fault of your own, it is advisable for you to consult with a personal injury lawyer Scottsdale, AZ relies on. Whether you’ve been hurt on the job, involved in a motor vehicle accident, slipped and fell on someone else’s property, or been injured by a defective product, a personal injury attorney can help. In most of these situations, the outcome is often better when you work with an experienced personal injury lawyer, like Yearin Law Office.
Reasons to Consult a Personal Injury Attorney
A proven and knowledgeable attorney can work to get you the maximum compensation possible for your injuries. A few reasons why you are well-advised to consult with a Scottsdale, Arizona personal injury lawyer include:
- You Might Increase Your Chances of Winning: Even what seems like a cut and dried personal injury case needs capable legal support. If you don’t have the right legal team to file and craft your lawsuit, you might lose your case. The more complicated your lawsuit is, the more you need a seasoned attorney on your side. A personal injury attorney can strive to increase your chances of obtaining a favorable result, making it more than beneficial to seek legal representation.
- You Might Get a Bigger Settlement: Even if you feel as if your case will stand up to scrutiny by the other party’s insurance company and attorneys, you can still benefit from hiring a Scottsdale, AZ personal injury attorney. The lawyers and insurance companies on the other side have one thing in mind: saving themselves money. In the end, an attorney can fight to get you the settlement amount that you deserve.
- You Won’t Have to Deal with the Stress of It Alone: Many people find that it’s wise to hire a personal injury lawyer so that they can focus their attention on recovering from their injuries. Personal injury cases are often stressful, and without accomplished legal representation, you’re left to handle it all alone. It would be best if you were focusing on getting rest and recovering from your injury. Recovery is your most critical job. Let your attorney handle the other details involved with the legal end of things.
See What We Can Do For You!
When you want to get comfortable working with a personal injury lawyer, it can help to have a list of questions to ask them when you go into their office or speak with them over the phone. While you want to find someone who can help you with your case and has a good track record, it is important that you are comfortable with your personal injury lawyer and begin building a relationship from the start. At Yearin Law Office, we take great pride in knowing that we do everything we can to help our clients when they are suffering from a personal injury that was caused by someone else’s negligence and building a good relationship is the start. To see what we can do for you, give our office a call.
Is there a typical amount of compensation I can expect to get?
We understand that when you are recovering from a personal injury you are likely wondering what it will take to get the compensation you deserve and want to know how much you will get. Every personal injury claim is going to be unique and different even if it has the same basic components. Someone else who was in a similar car accident as you were or who had a similar slip and fall accident may get more or less depending on other circumstances surrounding their accident. We will not be able to give you an exact answer when it comes to how much you will get because it could be an incorrect number and it may be exaggerated.
What is your courtroom experience?
It’s important that you are not afraid to ask your personal injury attorney what their courtroom experience is. With personal injuries, most people do not realize that not all of the cases go to a courtroom. In fact, many times clients are surprised to learn that they can settle outside of court (which makes the process less complicated and quicker). However, in the event that you do need to go to court, feel free to speak with your attorney about what kind of courtroom experience they have had, especially with similar cases. You want to know that you have an attorney who can be aggressive in court when it comes to speaking about what you are owed but someone who knows a good settlement offer without needing to go to court.
How to Handle the Insurance Company
When you decide to pursue a personal injury claim, your case will be assigned an insurance adjuster. This person is not working for you, but rather for the company. That said, they might tell you that they are ready and willing to work with you. The adjuster may be friendly, supportive, and empathetic to your situation. They will tell you how they want to resolve your claim in a timely manner, so you can move forward in life. As a personal injury lawyer, Scottsdale, AZ has to offer, we would like you to know that their ultimate goal is to settle for the least amount possible. They are very good at doing this because they are rewarded for their performance. In other words, they may be offered a bonus or promotion for settling claims for the least amount possible – this could very well include your own case. Because insurance adjusters are well known for their clever tactics and convincing language, you should retain a Scottsdale, Arizona personal injury lawyer.
The Insurance Adjustor Is Not Your Friend
It is the duty of an insurance adjuster to turn a profit for the company. As they work towards this goal, they might tell you not to worry. Or, that everything will be handled and you don’t need a lawyer. It should be said that in small, straightforward cases that involve limited, minor injuries or damages, you very well might not need a legal advocate. Anything that is complex, or involves a significant amount of losses, should be overseen by a qualified lawyer.
At some point you might be asked to provide a statement about what happened. Should you agree, and lack preparation, you could very well be lured into saying something that will be used against you. It is generally recommended that you avoid giving a recorded statement, or signing something without a lawyer at your side. This is because it is too easy to be manipulated by the adjuster.
Your Claim Might Be Denied
Even though your claim might have significant merit, it could be denied at first. This is one of the most common strategies used on a claimant. The reason for this is that the adjuster is hoping that you will get discouraged and drop the case. In addition to this, you might be told:
- You are at fault
- You are partially to blame
- There is no evidence to support what happened
- Your injuries are a result of previous injuries
- You failed to get medical treatment in a timely manner
- The alleged defendant has done nothing wrong
Know that these statements are common and should not discourage you. An insurance adjuster can say just about anything they want. If you are hearing statements like these, you can call a personal injury lawyer in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Your First Settlement Offer Might Be Low
If you claim was not denied, you might be offered a low ball settlement. Usually, this won’t cover even a fraction of your losses. As you are offered this, you may be told that:
- It is the best deal available
- If you don’t accept you might risk everything
- It’s a very fair deal
- Anything else is beyond their authority
- They will fight your case and could win
This is all meant to discourage you. The more desperate you sound, the more they may try to use these tactics against you. It is advisable to consult a lawyer for help, guidance, and support.
Getting the Compensation You Deserve
If you were injured in an accident, you might be seriously considering filing a personal injury lawsuit. However, Yearin Law Office wants you to focus on getting better. Settling your case or taking it to trial before what’s called your “maximum medical improvement” is likely a big mistake. Have you recovered fully? Are you as good as you’re going to be? Hopefully, you’ll recover 100 percent, but if not, you’re going to need additional compensation to live a comfortable and happy life. Your attorney will craft your case with that in mind and work to ensure you get every bit of payment you deserve.
Yearin Law Office fiercely represents clients in lawsuits, getting successful judgments against negligent motor vehicle operators, automobile and tire manufacturers, consumer product and services companies, owners of buildings and public facilities, and healthcare organizations. The legal team at Yearin Law Office wants to help you get the most out of your personal injury case. Reach out to schedule a consultation or case review with a personal injury lawyer Scottsdale, AZ families trust today.