Car Accident Attorney Scottsdale, AZ
Have you recently been in a car accident? Perhaps in fact, it occurred several months ago and you already accepted a settlement, but now you’re in agonizing pain because you were misdiagnosed or poorly treated. Whether or not this happened to you, if negligence caused your car accident, please call the car accident lawyers Scottsdale, AZ has to offer from Butler Law today.
What if my car accident injury worsens after I get a settlement?
As leading car accident lawyers in Scottsdale, AZ, we have seen many injury victims receive far less compensation they deserved because they wanted to save money from hiring a lawyer. As a result, their settlement is much less than they would have taken home, even after lawyer fees.
Another important thing to consider is that unless you are a medical professional or are experienced in representing injury victims, you probably do not have a full understanding of compensable damages. For an experienced car accident lawyer Scottsdale, AZ provides, building a full and comprehensive claim is second nature. It will also include future damages as warranted. In some cases, this represents many thousands of dollars. However, the injured car accident victim cannot simply add a line item in a claim and call it future medical treatment; it must be backed up with proof, and more, or else the insurance company will disregard it and possibly deny the claim altogether. This is where it can be beneficial to retain the right car accident lawyers Scottsdale, AZ drivers trust. We understand the legal and medical process and because of this, we can protect our clients’ best interests. To learn how this can work in your case, give us a call and request a free consultation.
What is a settlement?
Usually, the goal of Butler Laws’ car accident lawyers in Scottsdale, AZ is to negotiate a settlement with the at-fault party’s insurance company. The negotiation process begins after the Brookhaven car accident lawyers files a claim with the carrier that provides documentation to prove liability and the resulting damages on a cost by cost basis. Many people mistakenly believe that the first step is a lawsuit, but this is much less common than filing a claim. (If the insurance company refuses to negotiate in good faith with a lawyer, at that point a lawsuit against them is more likely.
What are my options in case my injury worsens later?
Your legal options will depend on where in the claims process you are in regards to your injury. If in doubt, contact the car accident lawyers Scottsdale, AZ community members recommend for a free consultation to discuss your case and gain clarity about your options.
Don’t Waste Time, Call a Lawyer Now
To provide you with the best chance for a positive outcome, contact our car accident lawyer immediately after the collision. Do not agree to any settlement offered by the other driver’s insurance company until your lawyer has reviewed it and offered you legal guidance. In many cases, your car accident lawyer from Butler Law will be able to negotiate a higher settlement amount and take into consideration your future damages. This process will include medical consultations to determine what treatment you may need and the costs associated with it.
Should you accept a settlement offer from the insurance carrier and later develop a condition as a direct result of your accident injury, or if your original injury worsens, you cannot get more compensation. Do not take the chance—consult our car accident lawyers Scottsdale, AZ respects immediately.
Any car accident attorney Scottsdale, Arizona knows that after the jolting impact of a car accident you may not be thinking clearly, especially if you have been injured. You may be assessing the injuries to yourself and the damages to your vehicle.
At the Yearin Law Office, we understand that the next steps you take can play a significant role in how you recover from this unfortunate situation. By following these steps, not only can you help to make sure your recovery is quick and complete, but you also give yourself the best chance of recovering damages from the other driver.
Call the Police
In order to have a record of the accident, you need a police report. The police report will usually not lay out blame for the accident—that’s for the insurance companies to decide. A police officer can issue a citation to the at-fault driver, and that could help your case.
The importance of a police report is to provide your insurance company with documentation showing you did not cause the accident. Your insurance company will battle with the insurance company of the driver who hit you, and will help to make sure your damages are covered. An experienced car accident attorney Scottsdale, AZ will also fight to ensure you receive the best insurance settlement.
Seek Medical Attention
Regardless of how minor you think your injuries are, seek medical attention. Depending on the force of the impact, you may have internal injuries you’re not aware of yet. Plus, your adrenaline may be high and you’re not feeling any pain.
Just like a police report documents the facts of your car accident, a doctor will document your injuries. If you wait too long to go see a doctor, the other driver’s insurance company may argue that your injuries are not from the accident but from some other event. You don’t want to put yourself in this position. That’s why it’s so important to see a doctor as soon as you’re able.
Once you assess your injuries, if you’re able to take pictures, do so. But don’t post these pictures on social media.
Taking pictures gives you visible documentation. Make sure to get pictures of the other driver’s vehicle, in addition to your own. Don’t forget to take pictures of your injuries, as well.
Get Witness Information
If there were witnesses to your car accident, get their contact information. If they can stay at the scene to give police a statement, that is the best outcome.
Even if they can’t stay, your insurance company will want to speak with them later. By having their contact information, you can speed up the process of determining the other driver was at fault for your car accident. When you choose to work with a car accident attorney Scottsdale, AZ, he or she can also discuss the accident with the witnesses.
Contact The Yearin Law Office
You deserve the skilled and trusted representation of the Yearin Law Office to help you recover compensation for your injuries. Selecting a car accident attorney Scottsdale, AZ is a personal choice. Our clients have trusted us for more than 25 years to help them recover damages from the at-fault driver.
We can help you recover damages that will get you back on your feet. We will try to collect for:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Vehicle repairs
If you’re looking for a car accident attorney Scottsdale, AZ then contact us today for your consultation. The experienced team at the Yearin Law Office looks forward to helping you.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Car accidents can happen so suddenly and result in all types of injuries. Some of these injuries are fairly minor while others can take months to recover from. Here are the most common injuries a car accident attorney Scottsdale, AZ residents trust sees:
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a neck injury that car accident victims frequently suffer. During a car accident, your head can suddenly move backward and forward, injuring your neck. Symptoms of whiplash include neck pain and stiffness, dizziness, headaches and shoulder pain. However, these symptoms might not be present right away. It’s still important to seek medical care right away so that injury doesn’t get worse.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: Traumatic brain injuries are one of the most severe injuries you can endure during a car accident and typically happen when drivers and passengers hit their heads against the steering wheel, windows or dashboard. They can result in long-term complications, such as cognitive difficulties, hearing loss and vision problems, if not treated properly. Immediate symptoms include blurry vision, difficulty concentrating and confusion. Treatments for brain injuries may include medication, rest or surgery.
- Broken Bones: As a car accident attorney in Scottsdale, AZ can confirm, car accidents can also result in broken arms, legs or hips. These injuries are most common during side-impact and rear-end collisions and can cause severe pain. If a bone is broken in more than one place, surgery may be required.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Car accidents can also cause spinal cord injuries, which may result in reduced sensation and control over their arms, legs and other body parts. Very severe spinal cord injuries can even result in paralysis.
- Scrapes and Cuts: It’s possible to suffer scrapes and cuts if you get hit by loose projectiles during a car accident. While these might not seem as severe as other injuries, they still need to be treated by a medical professional promptly. They can be quite painful and put you at risk of infection.
- Chest Injuries: Drivers are in danger of suffering chest injuries during car accidents because they don’t have much room to move before their chest hits the steering wheel. These injuries can cause severe bruising and even broken ribs.
Are Psychological Injuries Common?
Psychological injuries may not be visible like physical injuries, but they are very real. A car accident attorney in Scottsdale, AZ has witnessed car accident victims develop anxiety and depression following a collision. They may lose interest in their favorite activities and isolate themselves from others. Some car accident victims may also develop post-traumatic stress disorder and are afraid to get into a vehicle again. Car accident victims who suffer emotional injuries shouldn’t hesitate to see a professional therapist. A licensed therapist can help them come to terms with the accident and move on with their lives.