Personal injury can include numerous types of injuries – each their own subsection of law but still falling under the umbrella category of personal injury. Below is a list of the more common subcategories of personal injuries under which you can file a claim:
- Birth Injury: An injury or disability (typically) caused by the poor decision-making of medical staff, that occurs during or after birth.
- Medical Malpractice: Negligence of a medical professional that results in injury or death.
- Wrongful Death: Negligence of another that results in death, brought by family members of the deceased.
- Brain Injury: A trauma to the head that results in the short-term or permanent injury of the brain.
- Auto Accidents: Car accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, etc.
- Product Liability: A product defect that caused an injury to the user, such as a vehicle with a malfunctioning brake system.
- Mesothelioma: A large portion of these cancer cases can be linked to asbestos exposure and can be pursued against an employer or entity that didn’t take the necessary precautions.
- Bad/Wrong Medication(s): If you take prescription medication and you suffer an injury or disability because you were given the wrong type or a bad medication, you can file a personal injury claim against the manufacturer.
If you or a loved one has been injured and believe it was the actions of another party that caused your harm, you may be able to recover monetary compensation. Technically, you can file a claim on your own. However, by doing so, you may risk losing out on money that you need to cover the costs of your cumulative losses. Insurance companies want you to go directly through them, but any good Scottsdale, Arizona personal injury attorney would advise you to do otherwise. If you want to find out how to recover maximum damages, please call Yearin Law Office.
The personal injury attorneys from Yearin Law Office offer comprehensive legal advocacy for those who have been injured in accidents that involve an act of negligence. We support our clients through the entire process and, if we cannot reach a settlement, we will be ready to go to trial. Rest assured, we are prepared to face your cases’ own unique obstacles and will do whatever is legally possible to overcome them. Our strategy and skill are incredibly strong, and our tenacious drive only compliments this. If this sounds like the kind of Scottsdale, AZ personal injury lawyer you would want on your side, please call us right now.