Arizona Automobile Accident Injury Lawyer
At the Yearin Law Office, our Arizona automobile accident injury lawyer knows that you may be completely frazzled after a car accident an unsure of what to do. Usually after an accident (if a person is physically able to), they know that one of the most important things they can do is exchange information with the other driver. This is helpful for any insurance claims and it means that if you did not cause the auto accident you can get the compensation you need for property damage and physical injury. However, this is not necessarily how it goes. An automobile accident injury lawyer in Arizona knows that many times it is not so easy to make a successful claim and that there are other steps you should know to follow after an accident has occurred. For more help after your automobile accident, give us a call.
What should I remember after an accident?
There are a few things that, if you remember, can be especially helpful if you are filing an insurance claim after an automobile accident. Our automobile accident injury lawyer Arizona residents rely on believes that you will set yourself up for better success if you do these things.
- Stay at the Scene. Why would this be important? You may think that if you have exchanged information with the other driver you can leave. However, if police are at the scene, it is very important that you wait for them to give you the ‘okay’ to leave.
- Examine Yourself and Others for Injuries. This is perhaps one of the most important things you can do. You should always check to see if you have been injured and if you have passengers in the car, you should make sure they seek medical attention for injuries as well. Even if you are unsure of your injuries, you should not tell any insurance agent or the other driver that you feel fine. It is important to be tight-lipped. After, call 9-1-1 if you or someone else has suffered from injuries.
- Make Note of Evidence. You may not have a lot of time, but you can always make note of evidence. Take pictures of street lights or signs, damaged roads, and both vehicles. The more information you have, the more help your automobile accident injury lawyer in AZ can be.
Seeing a Doctor After a Car Accident
After you have been in a car accident, you may be wondering what kind of medical attention you need. It is understandable that if you do not appear to be seriously harmed you may consider putting your medical appointment off. There are two problems with this. The first is that if you continue to put it off, you may forget altogether and not get medical help when you need it for an underlying health issue. The second problem is that if you wish to file a personal injury claim after an accident it will be important to show that you went to see a doctor. This will help provide your claim with the evidence it needs.
Is there a certain type of doctor I should visit after a car accident?
Depending on the type of injuries you are suffering from after a car accident, there may be a certain treatment that is better for you.
- Urgent Care. When you have been in a car accident and your injuries are not life-threatening, going to urgent care is probably the best solution. This is a great option if you would like to come in as a walk-in appointment. Speak with the doctor about the car accident, if you hit anything during the accident, and what kind of pain your injuries are causing you.
- The Emergency Room (ER). When you are facing life-threatening or very serious injuries, your best bet may be to go to the ER. When this is the case, you should call 9-1-1 immediately while you are at the accident scene and request an ambulance to take you to the ER. If your injuries are serious enough to warrant the ER you need to make sure they are addressed right away.
- A Medical Specialist. If you have been to your primary care physician, they may recommend that you go see a medical specialist if they are unable to confirm a diagnosis. It is important that you follow up with your medical specialist as soon as you can. One example is if you were burned in a car accident and your doctor refers you to a plastic surgeon who can help your burns heal properly.
Remember that seeing a medical professional after an accident will not only help you recover quicker but will be beneficial when it comes to filing an automobile accident claim and recovering compensation. If you need help from our Arizona automobile accident injury lawyer at Yearin Law Office, please call us now.