Bike Accident Lawyer Scottsdale, AZ
If you were injured in a bike accident, you should speak to a bike accident lawyer Scottsdale, AZ residents trust. Riding a bike is a good way to commute to work and is considered great exercise, but you still face risks every time you get on the road. Some drivers are careless and can hit bicyclists on the road. If you sustained injuries caused by another driver, you may be entitled to receive compensation.
Common Causes of Bike Accidents
To hold a driver responsible for his or her actions and obtain fair compensation, you need to prove that the person was negligent in causing the accident. Here are some of the most common causes of bike accidents.
- Weaving Through Traffic: Whether due to hazards on the road or drowsiness, some drivers weave through traffic. Unfortunately, this can be a real danger to bicyclists. Drivers who weave through traffic might not see bicyclists sharing the road and run into them.
- Drunk Driving: Although it’s common knowledge that drunk driving is dangerous, some people still choose to drive impaired. Drunk drivers can lose focus on the road and have trouble making smart decisions on the road. They put everyone on the road in danger, including bicyclists.
- Distracted Driving: As a bike accident lawyer in Scottsdale, AZ can confirm, many bike accidents are caused by distracted driving. It is crucial for drivers to have their complete attention on the road ahead. If a driver texts, talks on the phone or engages in another form of distracted driving, he or she will not be aware of his or her surroundings and may cause an accident. If a cyclist is nearby, the distracted driver could hit him or her.
- Turning Without Looking: Even when the light is green, drivers should still look for bicyclists before making a turn. If they make a turn without checking for bicyclists, accidents are more likely to occur.
- Speeding: Whether they are in a hurry to get somewhere or just not paying attention, some drivers unfortunately drive above the speed limit. When drivers speed, they have less time to make important decisions on the road and can hit cyclists and other vehicles.
- Driver Fatigue: Driver fatigue might not be talked about as frequently as drunk driving, but it can be just as dangerous. As an accident injury lawyer Scottsdale, AZ residents count on can attest, drivers who are running on little sleep can’t focus on the road ahead and may even fall asleep behind the wheel. If a bicyclist is nearby, he or she will be in danger of getting hit by the fatigued driver.
If you recently sustained injuries in a bike accident, you should schedule a consultation with a bike accident lawyer in Scottsdale, AZ as soon as possible.